To educate the citizens of Minnesota on the research and science of marijuana usage with the scientific understanding of marijuana’s harms and potential as medicine. Our public health position is that current science does not support the commercialization and normalization of recreational marijuana use.
SAMMn is a group comprised of concerned citizens across Minnesota with a wide range of professional and community service backgrounds who recognize the economic, safety, and health concerns of commercialized marijuana use. We are parents, public health professionals, law enforcement officials, treatment providers, and public policy activists. We are committed to keeping Minnesota healthy and protecting our youth by preventing the legalization of commercial marijuana.
- SAMMn Chair: Judson (Kim) Bemis, Founder and Executive Director of Gobi Support, Inc.
- SAMMn Research Advisor: Ken Winters, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Oregon Research Institute (MN branch) & Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Psychology, U of MN
- Nicole Braun, MA, CPPR, Comunidades Latina Unidos En Servicio (TTSCLUES)
- Tom Ferring, MA, Rehabilitation Counseling & Partnership for Change
- Partnership for Change
- Teresa Lunt, BSBA, Partnership for Change
- Shane Mikkelson, MPA, Osseo Police Department Chief
- Tonka CARES
- Amber Smith, MPH, CPP, Partnership for Change
- Annie Tepfer, Renville Alliance for the Prevention of Alcohol and Drugs (RAPAD) Coordinator
- Kate Winters, M.Ed., Information Specialist, Addiction Technology Transfer Center, University of Iowa
- Minnesota Prevention Alliance